Monday 28 January 2013

SOME AUDEMARS PIGUET UPDATES

Sorry for the lack of updates.
I am currently testing out 3 straps on my PAM000 and getting ready for a review.
Anyway, SIHH 2013 (Salon International De La Haute Horlogerie) is upon us.
And I have been following the updates around forums closely.
One piece of news that caught my attention was the release of a new Royal Oak Offshore Ceramic Diver.



Word has it that the Forged Carbon Diver will be discontinued.
I really liked the Forged Carbon Diver but the pricing is waaaaay up there at USD30,000.
According to Hodinkee, this Ceramic Diver will retail at USD21,800 which is still up there but at least it's something to aim for.



The watch now has a titanium caseback with sapphire exhibition!!
Water resistance is unchanged at 300m as well as the AP caliber 3120 movement.
One thing that bugs me about the older divers is the rubberclad crowns (no idea how long those will last)
Now, for this model, it's been upgraded to ceramic crowns... I like it... very much.



Live pictures do show the watch in a better light than the stock photos. At 1st glance, I was kinda disappointed with the orange accents as I preferred yellow but now the orange is warming up to me.
Oh boy do I like to be able to own one.
Well, one can always dream.

Pictures borrowed shamelessly from the internet and credit goes to the original owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment