Friday 24 January 2014

MALAYSIA WATCH FORUM ANNUAL DINNER 2014

Our local WIS community the Malaysia Watch Forum organizes an Annual Dinner every year.
This is the 5th year running and I am honoured to be joining them. The crowd is a very healthy 40+ attendees.
We got to talk about everything, not just watches.
A very good get together and a good chance to put faces to the names that always contributed in the forums.
Pre-requisite is that everyone wears 2 watches... one on each wrist... (I brought 3... hehehe)
So, needless to say, watches are aplenty, did not manage to take a good pic of each and every piece though...
Here goes.



The Zenith Montre D'Aeronef Type 20 GMT.
At 48mm, side by side with an IWC Big Pilot.
Both can hold their own... but my personal preference is more towards the Zenith... :-)



A Richard Mille... surprisingly small.
Too expensive for me but happy to be able to see one in the flesh.


Malaysia Watch Forum's 1st project watch by VDB.
Only 15 pieces christened "Projek Gangsa"



A Rolex 5513 in excellent condition.
Liking this one very much but as all vintages go, it's a minefield out there.
I will stay a modernist for now.



A PAM422 in attendance.


Bell & Ross BR01-92 at 46mm.
Although it fits well, I would still prefer the 42mm ones.


Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Diver.
Awesome piece.




A member was kind enough to bring along some Grand Seiko watches at my request and provide me with a crash course.
Must admit that I am still too inexperience to appreciate the katana polishing.
In due time maybe.




A Lange & Sohne Perpetual Calendar in Platinum.
What more can I say?
Don't think I can ever afford one in my lifetime though... :-(


PAM389... a hefty piece of work.



A couple of Nomos in the house.
Value for money German Watches.


Finally, a table shot.

All in all, it's an excellent get together and kudos to the organisers.
Can't wait for next year!!
Feel like joining?
Hop over and register at malaysiawatchforum.com (it's free!) and be part of the WIS community.
Impromptu get togethers are organized every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment