Thursday 6 August 2015

AUDEMARS PIGUET ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE SAFARI STRAP TO BRACELET CHANGE

Well, living in a hot and humid country like Malaysia, sweat is a common problem when wearing watches.
Personally, I am not a fan of watches on straps...
Sometimes it can't be helped with watches like Panerai... but for everything else, I would preferably pair it with a bracelet.


With the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Safari that I got, it only comes with a hornback alligator strap.
So, I need to get a bracelet for it.
If you guys are wondering, yes... the price is steep for a bracelet... enough to get a mid range luxury automatic watch...

1st things 1st... I will need flat head screwdriver, toothpicks, the bracelet and the watch itself.


Remove the screws in both sides with the flat head screwdriver.


After removing the screws from both sides, use the toothpick to push out the pin inside.


After pushing out the pin, this is what everything looks like.
A pin in the middle with 2 screws on either side keeping the pin in place.
I think this is a better way rather than using a whole screw pin.
Make sure you don't drop the screws or it'll be difficult to find if you have carpeted floors.


Aligned the bracelet properly and push back the pin.


After pushing the pin in, start tightening the screws back.


After finishing both sides.
Voila... watch is now on bracelet.


The watch on bracelet...
1st thing that strikes me is... damn the watch is heavy...
I mean the watch head is pretty heavy and chunky by itself.
With the bracelet? More so...


Feels totally different on the wrist.
Huge wrist presence.
Maybe I should try on rubber strap?
Let's see how the bracelet holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment