Monday 25 February 2013

ZENITH ESPADA, JUST NOT MEANT TO BE

Something really disappointing happened to me.
Was going to purchase a Zenith Espada black dial on bracelet.


Price have been agreed on and I have the watch shipped over to my local AD from Kuala Lumpur HQ.
Everything seems to be going well until the sizing of the bracelet.


Due to the length of the bracelet, it either turns out too tight with no space for the wrist's expansion during hot days or too loose.
Even in the air conditioned enviroment, it fits tight.
Add in one more link and the watch is too loose.
And I do mean loose... it will slide up and down too much and the watch can even slide to the downside of my wrist.
Not good.
And there is no half link available (what was Zenith thinking?)
The links were between 8-10mm in length... sigh...


Double butterfly clasp means that there is no micro adjustments.
Such a waste.
Bracelet is nicely constructed and sturdy.
Clasp is a wonder to operate.
All this is useless without a half link.

My AD was kind enough to let me back out from the sale.
All credit to them.

Well, with one watch on my wishlist striked out... which can only mean one thing... on the hunt for something else!! lol

As for Zenith, unless their bracelets come with half links, I will steer clear for the moment and only look at their leather or crocodile strap watches.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment