Thursday 14 March 2013

AP ROYAL OAK 15400 CLASP PROBLEM

Just my luck.
Realized that the right side push piece for my AP Royal Oak 15400 fell off.


I don't know how it happened or when it happened.
I only realized when the sharp edges dig into my wrist making it uncomfortable.


So, the watch is now back to the Service Centre in Singapore via my local AD.
My usual saleslady told me that it will be covered by the warranty.
Whole repair might take a month... sigh...
Looks like I will be without my favourite piece for quite sometime.


The right side of the push piece is still intact at the moment but I am asking them to triple check it so that this problem does not recur.

Am I disappointed? Slightly.
But I am giving Audemars Piguet the benefit of the doubt seeing that this clasp is a completely new design, I will currently take it as a lack of real world usage testing.
Seems like there are some kinks that need to be ironed out.

Will reserve my final judgement after everything is rectified.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks... I hope so too.
      Your words are not trying to subliminally pushing me towards a speedy moonwatch are you? lol

      Delete
  2. hahaha speedy recovery as in moonwatch, well in this case, may your beloved AP back to you in 7 days

    ReplyDelete