Tuesday 16 April 2013

IWC MARK XVII REF: 3265-01

A couple of days ago, I have the honor of helping a friend to pick up an IWC Mark XVII.
I have got news that the watch have reached him safely and I had the chance to play around with the watch and also a chance to take some pictures prior to sending the watch over to him.



I must say that the finishing for Mark 17 is indeed surprising to me.
Case size have been upped to 41mm from the previous 39mm.
Feels just nice.



Dial is really clean and it's a breeze to tell the time.
I like the new altimeter styled date window.
Watch is powered by the IWC caliber 30110.
Alot of debate about it's "in-houseness"
No matter, winding the movement is smooth as butter.




I just love the bevelled angles on the lugs.
It's polished and it looks really good.
The contrast between brushed and polished is just nice enough for it to be a little more "dressy" as a pilot's watch.



A very nicely constructed pin buckle.
Feels sturdy. 
I personally would have liked if it come with a deployant.



Crown is big enough to facilitate easy operations.
Screw in type.
Nice and easy to handle.



Wristshot on my 6.75 inch wrist.
41mm size feels just right in this day and age.
After handling it and admiring it for a couple of hours, I have begun to understand the appreciation for this IWC Mark XVII.
It is a well made watch with finishings that are quite impressive for it's pricepoint.
If I am ever in the market for a Pilot, the Mark XVII will definitely be among those to consider.

2 comments: