Monday 22 April 2013

LONGINES LEGEND DIVER REISSUE

Finally the watch reached me.
This is the watch that I mentioned earlier slipping thru my fingers once, I still feel a tinge of regret and now... I got one.
Thanks to a friend that kept an eye for me.
Been a long time coming...


The Longines Legend Diver Reissue.
This is the version without the date as it is more closer to the vintage version of this watch.
This example is from year 2009 and carried the reference L3.674.4.56.2
Now I have 3 friends that own this watch as well.
One carries the reference L3.674.4.56.0
Two of them with reference L3.674.4.56.3
Now according to sources, the difference of the last digit is to show the change of suppliers for some parts.
It may mean more than that though.


I must give it to Longines as they really did things right for this reissue.
The dial is a carbon copy of the original.
Positions of the crowns as well.
Movement powering this watch is the ETA 2824... a well proven and reliable workhorse.


Macro shot of the logo reveals that there are some printing error on the left wing.
Can't notice this with the naked eye.


As a 42mm watch, small wristed fellows can easily wear this due to the nature of the lugs.
It slopes downwards.


The crowns stay faithful to the original as well with grid pattern etching.
Vintage look.
I like it alot.
Crown at the 2 o'clock position is to rotate the inner timing bezel.
Crown at the 4 o'clock position is for time setting.


A very nice caseback with engraving of a diver with a spear.


The pin buckle.
Notice the scratches?


Even worse is the original straps.
Started giving away.
Top sailcloth part started peeling away as well as the lining at the bottom.
Well, it is a 4 year old watch to be fair.
I must admit I paid more than I should for this watch based on the fact that the seller said that he will include 5 straps with the watch.
Unfortunately, it proved too too good to be true.
As all 5 straps is beyond usable.
The original plan was to sell some of the straps to offset the price I paid, well... lesson learned.
Always ask for detailed pictures of the front AND BACK of the strap... never ever take the sellers word for it.


After rotating this with my other watches, I must say this watch is really a joy to wear.
Its comfortable. Does not overpower the wrist.
Nice to look at.
Beautifully done dial.
I am just missing a good strap to go with this.
Once I get a good strap, it's gonna be even more awesome.
It is my opinion that this Longines Legend Diver offers spectacular value.
A true compressor case styled diver and a design that pays faithful homage to the original, all at an attractive price.
What more can I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment