Sunday 21 October 2012

ZENITH CHRONOMASTER OPEN

In my hunt for a dress watch, this one crossed my path at one time.
Beautiful watch.
Zenith Chronomaster Open XXT.
The XXT actually means that the watch is sized at 45.5mm.


Just love the details on the dial.
Guilloche mid dial and also patterned guilloche on the subdial.
Brushed outer dial with applied black roman numerals.



The open part of the dial that shows the escapement mechanism happily beating away at 36000 bph... a standard for Zenith El Primero Chronograph movements.



Worn this a couple of times to formal dinners and dates with my wife. But had to leave when I found a smaller sized Chronomaster T. 40mm case size.



As you can see, the watch is almost the same as the bigger brother, except there is now just triangular applied hour markers in place for the roman hour markers.



Movement is also the same as the bigger brother. Zenith El Primero Caliber 4021.

I don't know why but my love affair with Zenith dress watches does not seem to last.
I hope I can find a perfect Zenith dress watch as I am a big fan of the brand.

4 comments:

  1. That is one really good looking watch. Nice photos of it, particularly the second one you've posted on the Zenith. Very very good shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watch is really nice, unfortunately the appeal did not last.
    Now with both of this gone. My collection is in need of a nice dress watch.
    Well, look at the bright side, I have something to look out for :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Audemars Piguet Royal Oak? Simple, straight forward, classy and timeless...

    My dream watch... I'll be sleeping for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400... Excellent watch!! It's nice. Can be dressed up or down... very versatile.

    ReplyDelete