Saturday 20 October 2012

ANOTHER GERMAN LEAVING ME

Previously I was talking about 2 german watches that is no longer with me. Today, another one is leaving me.
It's the Damasko DA36.


This is one hell of a beater watch.
After wearing it for a year and by my count accompanied me to 2 overseas trip which is to Bali and Manila, it's still in pristine condition.



 It has one of the nicest caseback engravings I have seen. Deep and clear.


During her time with me, I worn this watch mostly on the Sinn rubber strap. Comfy and functional.


Before you guys think that I am a serial flipper, I am not.
I actually got another watch that can function as a beater watch and this Damasko seems to be a surplus in my collection.
I like to keep my collection manageable, say maybe 5-7 pieces.
So that I get to wear all of them on rotation.
Something stays in the box for too long, then it's time to go.

I wish the new Damasko owner a pleasant experience with it.
It is one hell of a watch.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post on a good German brand...

    Maybe a Glasshutte Pano or Lange Lunar will finally cement a permanent love affair between you and them Germans..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. German love don't come cheap unfortunately Pexus.
    But the 2 that you named are very very nice watches.
    I can safely say a Lange will be out of my reach... but a Glashutte is realistic if I can find one at a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi hanz..
    nice post on a damasko..love the watch but out of my reach now..
    mind if i ask you, where do i find the sinn rubber strap that you used on that damasko?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      You can check out www.sinnwatches.com
      Do take note of the lug size of your Damasko.
      20mm Sinn rubber strap fits Damasko models without the turning bezel while the 22mm ones fit those with the turning bezel.
      Hope that helps.

      Delete