Tuesday 30 October 2012

ESSENTIAL WATCH TOOLS AND ACCESSORIES

Just to show what I call my "essential" tools and accessories.
Being so much into watches, one can never know when we will need these.
So I just kept these around for one of those days.



1st up are the bracelet tools.
A springbar removal tool with a 3.5mm tip fork at one side and a pointy tip end for use with watch lugs that have drilled lugholes at the other side.
A springbar removal tool with a 1.8mm tip fork at one side and a bigger 3.5mm curved fork at the other side.
A screwdriver with a flat 1.6mm head for resizing bracelets with screw in bars like Panerai, Rolex and also the newer Omega models.
The grey block is a bracelet holder to keep the bracelet in place while doing your work.
The blue block is a pressure pin remover for bracelets that are fastened with pressure pins rather than screw pins or bars.
The hammer is to hammer back the pressure pins after resizing.



Next up are my spare straps, deployants and accessories.
The 2 Sinn rubber straps are 22mm and 20mm respectively.
They seem to fit quite a number of watches that I have.
I like them as they are comfortable and perfect for hot and humid days.
I have 4 deployants.
2 Hadley Roma branded ones. An 18mm butterfly push button clasp and an 18mm single fold pressure clasp.
One more is a Glycine OEM 20mm push button butterfly clasp.
I used to own a Glycine watch and I got this one as I am not a big fan of pin buckle that it comes with.
Just personal preference.
The last one is a Zenith 18mm pressure clasp.
I got it to accommodate a future Zenith purchase that have yet to come my way... lol
The 2 small pieces of steel is a custom endlinks for Rolex from Etur. 
And the brown leather strap is custom made by Cheergiant of Taiwan.
(Will elaborate on the use of these 2 in my future post)



And of course nato and zulu straps for those days when you messed up a strap measurement or just wanna change the original strap to a more versatile strap for outdoor activities.
Those with thinner rings are called Nato straps and thicker rings are called Zulu straps.
I keep some at 20mm width and some at 22mm width.

So these are my essential tools and accessories that I feel is a must.
With these, I can resize my own bracelets be it pressure pin or screw pin.
Remove and install spring bars or screw bars... and change straps at my leisure.
I can't afford to go to a shop where they will do it for a fee.
And risk them scratching my watch.
I'd rather scratch it myself... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment