Thursday 18 October 2012

GERMAN WATCHES

Nope... I am not talking about A.Lange & Sohne or Glashutte watches... more like toolish watches that are suitable for everyday wear.

I used to own these 2 watches.
The Damasko DC67 and Sinn U1 SDR.



These 2 watches have something in common, Damasko used to manufacture cases for Sinn. Not anymore now, they have their own watches and even an own in-house movement.

Sinn U1.
44mm case... tough as nails... iconic design in the lego hands and markers.
This SDR model comes with a black "Tegimented" Bezel which is Sinn's hardening technology.


I used to wear it on Nato Straps... very comfortable watch.

The Damasko DC67.
42mm case.
This is equipped with a tougher case than the Sinn in my opinion, only losing out on water resistance rating.
It's "Ice Hardened" by Damasko and the hardness is not just the outer layer but the whole case.



I admit that I have tried scratching the case back with a screwdriver... No marks!!
This is the watch that accompanied me on my Mount Kinabalu climb... which is the highest peak in South East Asia... and came back without any marks at all!!



One thing that I think is interesting is that the Sinn Rubber strap actually fits the Damasko like a glove.




Well, after serving me well, these 2 watches are no longer in my possession and I do hope it gives pleasure to the new owners as much as they gave me.

I do miss them from time to time... but life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment