Thursday 25 October 2012

MAURICE LACROIX PONTOS RECTANGULAIRE CHRONOGRAPH TITANIUM

After wearing the Tissot T-Race for 4 years, I took my 1st step towards a Swiss Automatic watch.
Maurice Lacroix Pontos Rectangulaire Chronograph Titanium.


As the name suggest.
It's case shape is rectangular and it features a chronograph complication.
Powered by the ever venerable ETA7750.


Rotor is decorated with Geneva Stripes or Cote's de Geneve, and the bridges are decorated with Circular Grains or Perlage.
Nothing to shout about but the movement being seen thru a display back is something nice.


A very nice and easy to handle signed crown.
Push and pull type, non screw in.
That explains the Water Resistance rating of 50m.
Rectangular chronograph pushers to go with the rectangular case.
Easy to push and operate. No complaints.


Watch came fitted with a rubber strap, nicely curved at the start to follow the curve of the wrist.
The titanium case is also slightly curved.
Good design in my opinion as the watch sits snugly on the wrist.


People say small details matter alot.
And it does. One of the reasons why I chose this as my 1st Swiss is simply because at that time, I was looking for an automatic chrono, I do not want a round case and I want it with a rubber strap.
This watch ticks all the right boxes.
One thing that got me simply smitten is the seconds subdial.
Instead of using your normal pointed hands, this watch actually features a transparent disc with a triangle printed on top.
At times it actually looked like the triangle was floating on the dial.
Well, little details matter.


Being my 1st Swiss Automatic, I actually did not do much research before my purchase.
Which is a lesson I will remember.
I actually paid more than I should have for this.
Well, lesson learned and moving on.
No regrets as I have enjoyed this watch to the maximum.
The person I sold it to actually is putting it up for sale recently.
I am seriously considering getting it back. Should I?

No comments:

Post a Comment