Thursday 13 December 2012

PANERAI LUMINOR BASE LOGO PAM000

This is the last watch for me this year... I think.
I like this one more than the PAM005 earlier.
This is more true to the heritage of Panerai watches.



The Panerai Luminor Base Logo PAM000.
Watch is as bare bones as they come.
Only 2 hands... hours and minutes.



Huge 3,6,9,12 sausage style painted numerals.
Legibility is 2nd to none I would suspect.



Case is 44mm and comes with Panerai's famous patented crown guard which locks the crown in place providing a guaranteed water resistance rating of 300m.



I really like the Logo on the dial.
It wouldn't be complete if a base Panerai watch does not have a logo.
The logo itself is stylized OP (Officine Panerai) with arrows pointing up and down means that Panerai watches are made to conquer the highest skies and the deepest depths of the seas... Funny thing is there is no Panerai Pilot's Watch... :-)



Part of the charm of owning a Panerai is the watch's uncanny ability to look good with a variety of straps and colours.
I have the watch currently mounted on a Gunny Saree series strap.
(Will review the strap in a separate post)



I find the watch big and brash.
Well made and well built tool watch.
Movement is of course nothing much to shout about.
Manual winding. Just give it a few twirls, set the time and go.
It does look the part of a tough watch... and also feels like a tough watch.
Alot of complaints are on Panerai pricing strategy... but I think an entry level piece like this is enough.
Let the hardcores deal with the Special Editions and Limited Editions.
I find myself wearing this one when I couldn't care less about having to be careful of scratching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment