Thursday 20 December 2012

PANERAI PAM000 ON CHEERGIANT STRAP

After wearing my PAM000 on Gunny Saree straps for sometime, decided to change it to another strap that I got from George of Cheergiant.


Ultrasoft brown calf strap.


Remember on my previous posting on Gunny Saree strap that I mentioned about 3 layered straps being thinner on the lug ends compared to 2 layers?
This is the comparison picture.
Top is Gunny Saree Strap and bottom is the Cheergiant calf strap.


The Cheergiant strap have been edge sealed so it is smoother than the rough and raw edges of the Gunny strap.
I liked both equally.
Just personal preference for some.
No advantages of one over the other, just cosmetically more pleasing. 



Remember to use the tubes supplied with the watch... it will protect your screw bars in the long term.
My watch did not come with any tubes.
Fortunately a good friend of mine gave me a pair as a gift.
It was thoughtful of him.


As the strap is thicker at the lug ends, once mounted, there are no gaps on the lugs.
Now THIS I like very much.


As Cheergiant does not have any sew in buckles, I ordered this strap without a buckle and decided to mount the OEM buckle instead. Perfect fit as usual.


Looks really good.



Straps are comfortable and looks really good.
Stitching work is top notch as usual.
I am happy that the threads for this strap is well waxed and it's not hairy like the strap for my Seiko Dracula.


Overall, I am extremely pleased with the strap.
For the price, there are no complaints and there's nothing more than I can ask for.
I have bought 5 straps so far from Cheergiant and each one have been excellent to say the least.
I can see myself being a long term customer of Cheergiant... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment