Wednesday 12 December 2012

ZENITH HERITAGE PORT ROYAL TAIPEI 101 EDITION

During my recent trip to Taipei, something caught my attention from my favourite brand Zenith.



Funny thing is after googling... I can't seem to find any info on this watch. So I am just repeating what the dealers told me.
It is said that the boss of Cortina Watch met with Zenith CEO Mr. Jean Fredric Dufour and requested that a special commemorative piece be created to celebrate Taiwan Minguo Calendar year 101 as well as Taipei 101... so kill 2 birds with one stone.
The way to calculate the year in Minguo calendar is to subtract 1911 from the Gregorian year.
So 2012 - 1911 = Year 101.



Watch is 38mm in size and full solid yellow gold.
From my observation, dial looked like enamel... I could be wrong.
Chinese characters at 10 o'clock is "One Zero" and the 1 o'clock is "One"
Put them together and you have One Zero One (101)
Nice...


Watch features an exhibition caseback and movement according to the dealer is not from the Elite or El Primero family of movements.
It's a new old stock movement from Zenith's reserves that have been refinished for this watch that carry the ref Caliber 2572.


I really like the watch but unfortunately, I have yet to warm up to precious metal cases.
Somehow I find them difficult to carry.
RRP for this piece is 280k ntd.
If this one comes in stainless steel, it would be an entirely different story. :-)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete