Saturday 10 November 2012

ETUR ENDLINK AND CHEERGIANT CUSTOM STRAPS

Today, I am going to play around with some straps and endlinks.



1 Tudor Submariner Snowflake 94110 head.



2 Custom Cheergiant leather straps (Black and Chocolate Brown)
Brown one shown here. Black one is already partially mounted.



1 Pair of custom Etur Endlinks.



1 Original Tudor 9315 bracelet and a pair of 308B endlinks.



1 Pair of 20mm springbars.



1 Springbar removal tool.



This is a wristshot of the watch mounted on the original bracelet, endlinks and clasp. Standard way of wearing the watch. Perfect for Malaysia's hot and humid weather.



Next up is the Cheergiant straps.
Mr.George of Cheergiant Taiwan came highly recommended by a friend and he assured me he can make any strap at any configuration.
So, I thought why not?
E-mailed Mr.George which is a nice gentleman to deal with.
Told him what I want and provided him with the measurements.


 The end of the straps is made to measure specifically to fit the Rolex oyster fliplock clasp. It's easy to screw it up but Mr.George did an excellent job.



Once mounted, fits like a glove. How nice is that? Today I will only show the black strap mounted on. The brown strap is my spare :-)


Strap has been mounted on direct. Looks good?



Here's a wrist shot.


The clasp shot. Notice that the measurements are all correct as the clasp rest exactly in the middle. What a relief.
But wait... there's more.





The Etur endlinks.
I happen to know these on the TRF forum.
A gentleman registered as Etur custom made these for sale.
Cool... got a pair of my Rolex and Tudor Submariner.
Now these endlinks are specially machined to fit any Rolex cases that you want. Just let him know.
The pictures above show the machining to be precise and clean.


There aren't any screws or pressure points to keep the endlinks in place. Just slip it in... fits perfectly...



Winged area at the side to make sure it won't slip forward.



Mount the straps and the endlinks will stay in place.



Nice. No more gaps.



What do you guys think? Looks better now doesn't it?
I like it.



A wristshot. Definitely looked better.
I am so glad that the endlinks fit, the strap's measurements are spot on and everything works together as it should.

Just another way to wear the watch, gives it some variety.
I have just ordered more straps from Mr.George for my Seiko Dracula, PAM005 and I can't wait to get them and share them here as well.

1 comment: