Thursday 8 November 2012

FLIK FLAK WATCHES

Let's go for something lightweight this time.
These 2 watches belongs to my kids.
Yes, I am blessed with 2 beautiful children and being a watch nut myself, I would like something proper for them to wear as well.
Who knows, they might catch the same bug as me... lol
But no such signs of that yet.
Flik Flak watches.


The pink one for my daughter. Sorry, I do not know the exact model reference or collection.


The green one with dinosaur designs is naturally for my boy.
These watches are made specifically for children hence the cute designs that children can relate to.

The watches are quartz powered.
Notice the hour and minute hands of the boy's watch?
One of them is Flik and the other is Flak.
When you buy a Flik Flak watch, it actually comes with a card board clock dial with both Flik and Flak.
When it's all set up, it's a cool way to teach the children how to read the time by being able to move Flik or Flak around the clock by hand.
Too bad those that I have most probably ended up in the thrash long ago.
I do not know which is which as I have misplaced the boxes and manuals... I do apologize... :-)


For the girls watch, it's suppose to be a limited edition piece or some sort.
It comes with a nice presentation box and also a bracelet.
And of course priced higher than the standard models.
I do like the way the synthetic purple crystals is set on the underside of the plexi-glass. Nice touch.


Flik Flak watches are made by the Swatch Group which owns ETA, the movement maker.
You can see the ETA insignia engraved on the caseback.
Case is aluminium as stated on the caseback.
Battery change is similar to a Swatch watch where you twist the cap with a coin. Pretty standard stuff.

My kids have been wearing them for more than a year and they seem to be holding up really well... of course it's scratched up but still working fine and keeping accurate time.
Flik Flak watches cost anywhere between USD35 to USD80.
Pretty good value I would say.

Now if they would grow older, I would suspect they would outgrow this watch.... and when the time comes... there's always the bigger brother Swatch watches to look forward to. Until then... these will have to do. :-)

1 comment: