Wednesday 7 November 2012

TUDOR PELAGOS REF:25500TN

Visited my usual local AD a couple of weeks ago and I got to catch a glimpse (well, more than a glimpse) of the Basel 2012 announced model.
The Tudor Pelagos Ref: 25500TN


From my understanding, the whole watch including bracelet is made of Titanium. Except the clasp which is made from Stainless Steel. Very light for it's size.
Excellent legibility as the contrasts are pretty heavy... just Black and White. Thick fat snowflake hands, blocky markers.
Bezel insert is a matte finish ceramic... with generous lume applied underneath. I did not take a lume shot but it's really impressive. Glows blue.


Due to the flat caseback (forgot the take a pic), the watch sits nicely on my wrist. Case size is 42mm. Snowflake hands and block markers pays homage to Tudor Divers of old. This is an updated version. Snowflake Generation 2 so to speak.


Clasp is as I mentioned before made from Stainless Steel.
Offers 3 levels of micro adjustment, while the 4th level is a spring loaded adjustment. Whereby it expands and contracts following the divers wrist as the pressure changes during the dive will cause the blood vessels to swell making the wrists bigger.
A cool feature but most probably won't be used for 99.9% of the time... I reckon... but a cool feature nonetheless.
As for the clasp itself, I find it more complicated in built than the Rolex Clasps... will it last? I would have to reserve my judgement on that.


At 42mm, it looks way bigger than my Royal Oak Ref: 15400 as the bezel is black making the watch looks waaaay bigger.
It is comfortable on the wrist though due to the lightweight titanium used.
Will I get it? Contemplating...
Retail for this one is RM13132.
Cortina Watch at 1Borneo still have 1 unit in stock.
Do check it out if you're interested.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Hanz,

    Did u check out the Black Bay model?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did.
    Pretty nice piece and it's started to grow on me.

    ReplyDelete